Our latest full update is now available! Grab it from the store now. Here are the full patch notes:
Updated Consume Interface!
You now have the ability to consume many more than 5 heroes at a time by choosing a method of matching additional heroes to the ones you’re already consuming. You can choose to consume all identical heroes, all heroes who match the same rarity, or all heroes who match both the faction AND rarity. Any heroes with equipped gear or fortifications will be ignored, ensuring you can safely consume many heroes without fear of losing the ones you wish to keep! Additionally, the tier bonus has been removed from consuming and the base consume amounts have been increased to account for this so that the bonus is effectively given without any need to match the tier of units you’re consuming into.
Introducing The Vault!
The Vault offers a brand new way of acquiring gems for an even better value than gem packs. There are 3 Vault tiers that can be purchased: Epic, Legendary, and Mythic. Each tier grants gems + a bonus item immediately, then gives you gems every day for a month! After 30 days the tier will expire and can be purchased again to start another 30 days of gems. Additionally, each Vault tier gives you +10% xp at all times to help level up your heroes. All 3 tiers can be purchased simultaneously, allowing you to stack up to 30% bonus xp!
The Champion, Grand Champion, and gear packs now show pack guarantee counters in game so you can know exactly when you’ll hit your guarantees! Just tap the image on any pack to reveal the info text with your current counters. Note: Pack counters will only become visible ~24 hours after the release of this update, once we have ensured that all players are able to update their game.
Android 7.0 Nougat!
We believe we have nailed down the root cause of the issue with Android 7.0 (Nougat) causing the game to not load properly, and have a fix in place. Since this has been so difficult to track down, we have not been able to verify completely that this will resolve the issue on all devices. We will be monitoring when this resolution to see if there’s more work we’ve got to do on this.
If this attempt resolves the issue, our next step is to see if we can narrow down programmatically a list of affected players, who were unable to access the game at all for an extended period after the Nougat rollout. We would like to provide a compensation to these players who have been out of the game since December, but we must ensure we can properly identify them. Please note that it may take a few weeks for us to determine that the fix is totally successful, and to compile the list of players. Please do not submit requests to Customer Servicerequesting compensation. We will announce when the compensation is distributed.
New Store Hub!
You’ll notice a brand new layout for the in-game store with 2 new sections. First the “FEATURED” section now contains the weekly Champion and Grand Champion packs, as well as any currently available flash packs, allowing you to more easily find new packs. All other hero packs remain in the “HEROES” section of the store. Second is the “VAULT” section of the store where you can purchase the 3 different Vault tiers. Note: Champion Packs will only be moved to the FEATURED section of the store ~24 hours after the release of this update, once we have ensured that all players are able to update their game.
Updated Proving Grounds mode!
Proving Grounds now calculates trophy gains and losses a little differently. All trophy gains and losses now apply a multiplier based on the amount of time remaining in the Proving Grounds week, meaning that as the week progresses you will win and lose fewer trophies with each battle. This helps even out the week to place less importance on the final hours as it is now more difficult to make significant leaderboard moves at the end of the week. We’ll soon be re-examining the Proving Grounds rewards and potentially increasing them again.
The newsfeed now sorts items with newest at the top instead of at the bottom, and automatically puts all claims at the top so you can make sure you don’t miss any. Additionally, claims will now disappear from the newsfeed immediately after collecting them as soon as the newsfeed is refreshed.
There is now a “Wisps” filter in the hero inventory for easier access to all your wisps.
- Fixed an OpenGL issue that caused the game to crash when logging in on some devices running Android N.
- Negative stat reductions now show correctly on opponent squads at all times.
- Tapping an equipped rune on the battle screen now correctly shows the current expiration timer.
- The consume xp bar no longer gets stuck if you remove a hero from a consume slot while the bar is still filling up.
- The game will no longer flicker when being forced to restart. No more dance party every time the game is updated.
- Activating the hero card for the large creature on the squad screen is no longer needlessly difficult.
- Scrolling the gear inventory will now correctly recognize that it is being dragged so it doesn’t select the gear you’re touching when you release.
- The new hero description texts no longer appear too small the first time you open the weekly announcement.
- Fortify slot boost texts are now larger and more readable.
- The PvP hub window now shows full size on devices with 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Getting the “no dupes” message on the squad screens no longer removes the large creature from your squad.
- Tapping “PvP” from the squad screen now correctly opens the PvP hub window instead of going straight to Proving Grounds.
- The hero card gear slots no longer overlap the navigation buttons on the consume/fortify/squad screens on 4:3 aspect ratio devices.
- Long pvp event names no longer overlap the banner ladder in the PvP event window.
- Made additional updates to try to keep the game from allowing absurdly large heals (due to powergaining), which cause issues.