If you're experiencing repeated issues with the game freezing and/or crashing - especially when going to PvP battles or using combine or consume - it may be due to the amount of RAM on your device.
If your device has less than 1 GB of RAM, your experience with the game will be sub-par. The game is fairly demanding on device resources, so 512 MB is enough to run it, but you will experience difficulties when you use features that use more of your processor and memory capacity. There are a couple things that you can try for temporary improvement:
- Have as few apps running concurrently as possible. Having multiple apps open, even in the background, can take up limited resources. Close as many other apps as you can while playing:
- Android: http://bit.ly/1migf6L
- iOS: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137
- Restarting your device will also close open apps and may clear some memory for use with the game.
- Ensure that you are updated to latest version of the game and your device's Operating System to take advantages of any new features.
- If you are low on storage memory on your device, or you got a memory space error when installing the game, the game may not have all of the data that it needs. This can cause the game to lag or freeze. Try freeing up space by removing unused apps, music, or pictures.
Because of the way that the game runs, there is not a permanent fix for problems related to a low amount of available RAM on devices. In the meantime we're always looking to improve the performance of Heroes of Dragon Age.