Introduction of Gear and the Mythic Rarity!
In this update:
- Every Hero, rare or better, can now be equipped with Gear.
- Legendary Heroes get 3 slots to equip Gear, while Epic and Rare Heroes get 2 and 1 slot, respectively.
- Every piece of Gear has unique effects, just like auras, so you can customize your Heroes.
- Some Gear is limited to certain types of Heroes. See the description of each piece of Gear for its limitations and effects.
- Heroes cannot equip duplicate Gear.
- Just like with fortification, equipping a piece of Gear is permanent, but you can replace a piece of Gear with new Gear.
- Unequipped Gear can also be sold for Gold. See the Heroes screen to find your Gear inventory. Select a Gear slot on a Hero card to assign a piece of Gear to that slot.
- There are now “Gear Equipped” and “No Gear” filters to show heroes who do or do not have any gear equipped on them.
- Mythic rarity is unlike previous rarities because a Hero can only become Mythic by ascending from Legendary.
- No Heroes, except Wisps, are Mythic rarity by default.
- To evolve a Legendary Hero to Mythic rarity, you must find a Tome of Ascension and slot it into your Hero, which can be done to a Hero at any tier or level once the Tome of Ascension slot is unlocked by filling all 3 Gear slots.
- Mythic rarity gives the Hero +5 max levels and a 4th Gear slot.
- Tomes of Ascension will drop very occasionally from Grand Champion Packs and Gear Packs, and any weekly Quest event has a chance of dropping a Tome.
- Now that Mythic Rarity is available, “Unknown Wisps” have become “Mythic Wisps.”
- Any Mythic Hero, including Wisps, also now gives increased fortification and squad faction bonuses even greater than Legendary Heroes.
- Note also that when a Hero ascends to Mythic, further leveling that Hero to higher tiers will still unlock those tiers on the Legendary version of the Hero in the gallery.
- Mythic heroes, including wisps, now sort above Legendary in the hero inventory.
- You’ll find 3 brand new Gear Packs in the store.
- The Grand Champion Pack is updated to replace one of the previous Epic Heroes with a piece of Gear. So it now gives 9 Heroes + 1 Gear. Plus every 5th GCP gives a guaranteed Legendary or better Gear.
- The Champion Pack is updated with a chance to drop a piece of Gear instead of a Rune, and every 50th CP gives a guaranteed Legendary or better Gear!
- New Gear will be released each week in the Champion and Grand Champion Packs (with much higher odds than older Gear,) and will make its way into the Gear Packs later on.
- Please note these changes will first take effect in the Champion and Grand Champion packs released on November 3.
- Rare, Epic, and Legendary Hero bases are updated with new visual effects, and the Legendary/Mythic stars are moved to the black edges of the base to be easier to see.
- There are now “Epic” and “Legendary” Hero inventory filters.
- We’ve added a new Mythic Giant Wisp.
- The icons for Ultra Legendary Runes are updated to be purple, to match Mythic rarity, and the names are changed to be “Mythic” Runes. This is only an aesthetic change.
- The store category images are updated.
For more information, please visit our official Forums post about this update.